The first part of the pattern arrived last night for the sock I’m test knitting at the moment. It’s designed by Carissa at the Cupcake Factory, and the proceeds will go to Streams of Life International. The pattern comes in sections via e-mail, and I’ve knitted up the first part already – the cuff and four lace repeats. It’s the first time I’ve knitted lace in the round, and I had a few problems on my first attempt. I made the mistake of not using stitch markers, and ended up with several extra stitches and a very “interesting” pattern. Fifteen minutes of exasperated frogging later, and I started on attempt number two with stitch markers in place! Here’s what it looks like so far –
I’m looking forward to getting the next part of the pattern so I can see how it develops – it’s quite fun doing a mystery project!