I’ve been tagged by Vonnie with this – here goes!
1) I’m a professional actor, and fit in acting work around being a mum. This Christmas I’m touring as Smee in “Peter Pan” – can’t wait to be a pirate!
2) I have an enormous stash of crafty things, and a notebook full of ideas, but never get enough time to do them all. Once the kids are in bed, I’m so tired that I generally just veg in front of the telly with a bit of knitting. I’m determined that one day I will try felting and beading though.
3) I used to work as a juggling teddy bear at Blair Drummond Safari Park. I hoped that sweating inside a fur fabric suit for eight hours a day would help me lose weight – no such luck! It was quite good fun though.
4) I’ve never been to school in my life, apart from to sit exams. I was home-educated from the start, and did all my GCSEs/A Levels through distance learning. Definitely the best thing my parents ever did for me.
5) I’m probably the biggest wimp in the world. I can’t stand horror films, heights, dogs, wasps and rollercoasters – I do like spiders and snakes though.
6) When I was a kid I wanted to go to university and study Japanese. As it turned out, I trained as a nursery nurse and then went into acting – don’t know what happened there!
7) I have a big family. My parents have ten siblings between them, and I’m the oldest of six. It makes family gatherings very big, noisy and fun.
8) I can raise one eyebrow, curl my tongue and make a noise like an owl hooting. Can’t whistle in tune to save my life though.
9) I went to Milan on a college “research trip” (ie holiday) and did street theatre outside the cathedral in the middle of the night, then nearly got arrested and had to make a quick escape on the subway.
10) My favourite ever meal is lasagne followed by chocolate fudge cake. Very unhealthy but amazing!